True, but it’s the first exposure that the mainstream world has to the BDSM lifestyle, and the people in the community aren’t happy with how they’re being portrayed because it’s incorrect and gives off a fucked up image of what they do.
(Or, Domming 101 as Guided by D/s Wonder Woman, E.L. James)
1.) Your slave is stupid and cannot think for themselves. Be sure to control every menial aspect of their lives from what they eat for a snack to what kind of socks they wear. Doing this will really show your slave who’s boss!
2.) Slaves really get randy when you bite their toes— it’s their best kept secret. Exploit this fact. Really, just go to town. Bite those fuckers clean off if you want.
3.)Don’t be afraid to break your own rules. Remember, your slave is stupid and won’t know the difference! It’s also a good way to keep them on their toes. If they can’t trust your word, they’ll never know what’s coming next.
4.) On that same line of thought, make sure your words and your actions always contradict one another. Then, you’ve got an excuse to punish your slave when they don’t utilize their psychic powers to guess what you really meant.
5.) Don’t be afraid to touch them down there.
6.) It’s important when outlining your asinine and overly involved contract that you’re sure to include a no-no list instead of discussing your limits like adults. Include fisting on your no-no list. Also recognize that anybody who is partial to any of he actions you listed is an insane and disgusting degenerate.
7.) If your slave is a virgin, chastise them at length. How dare they!
8.) Dominant feelings are monstrous things, best shoved down until you can allow them to flourish in an unhealthy sham of a relationship.
9.) If your slave is emotionally damaged or opposed to something you wish to do, either ignore them completely or coerce them into compliance. I can’t stress enough that your slave is stupid. They don’t know what they want.
10.) Pat yourself on the back if you’ve managed to follow the above guidelines. You’re a real Master now, Mr. Grey!
And don’t forget to show your slave how dominant and sexually liberated you are by reaching between her legs and removing her tampon for her!
I’m so annoyed and sick of posts about 50 Shades of Grey. it is a fucking book! it’s not claiming to be a how to guide in a D/s relationship. it is a fictional piece of work, not based on any real relationship.
Books, in this case fiction, are still something that can be used not only as a way to entertain, but to educate. When the author puts forth his own fantasy of what a BDSM - D/s relationship is, then he’s just playing out his own fantasy, not what the actual culture is about. In some case, D/s relationships don’t even involve sex, and that’s a glaring misconception regarding the entire culture to think that it is 100% about sex.
50 Shades of Grey got the BDSM - D/s aspects wrong on so many levels. Where was the adult discussion of limits that the woman wanted? Where was the determined safe words? BDSM - D/s isn’t about control and dominating another person, because that’s just rape. BDSM - D/s is more than control. It’s actions within the comforts of both participants. The Dom has to make sure that the sub is completely comfortable with what is happening. Over time, each person will understand what the other likes and does not like, and if the Dom does something that the sub does not like, the sub gives the safe word and the Dom stops. That is what a good D/s relationship is about.
As for the book itself (which is a festering pile of shit), this doesn’t help how D/s are viewed in mainstream society. Instead, it continues to reflect a misconception, and a very dangerous one at that. That submissive individuals can be treated like dirt without care or concern. It’s another case of a work of fiction being incredibly dangerous in continuing to spread stereotypes and misconceptions about another culture.
- gott-ist-die-liebe likes this
- twims likes this
- themerestidea likes this
- miss-fleeting likes this
- siwenna likes this
- laryssadawn likes this
- precious-her reblogged this from dornishmans-wife and added:
- dornishmans-wife reblogged this from casuallibertine and added:
- themagpiesong likes this
- flirtingwithparadox likes this
- fangirlalliance reblogged this from asgardianbrothertouching
- remainrestrained likes this
- whysoawkward reblogged this from wandering-mariner
- glitterest likes this
- sashu likes this
- wandering-mariner reblogged this from hiscleverpet
- amborghini reblogged this from beckyloves
- peterpangal365 reblogged this from der-holle-rache and added:
- nowwhohasit likes this
- needle-catwalk likes this
- teenytinylady likes this
- daftdanielle reblogged this from the-altar
- hello-im-thedoctor likes this
- spockvarietyhour likes this
- princeofhyenas likes this
- beckyloves reblogged this from the-altar
- tranquilizingkankri likes this
- bluegoop likes this
- gaybaekonstrips likes this
- gingerinvermont likes this
- annachibi likes this
- falsepalindrome likes this
- 6s-emme likes this
- leighlittlefield reblogged this from fruit-by-the-foot
- timholtorf reblogged this from forrestbondurant and added:
- mirroredeyesneverlie likes this
- timholtorf likes this
- likeindecision reblogged this from hiscleverpet and added:
- brainybeauties reblogged this from the-altar
- fruit-by-the-foot reblogged this from hiscleverpet and added:
- gracediamondsfear reblogged this from forrestbondurant and added:
- iiphides reblogged this from apollosgone
- reinosview likes this
- spaceberryfeminist reblogged this from imnothipsterdammit and added:
- supermansbabygirlx0 likes this
- imnothipsterdammit reblogged this from hiscleverpet
- inyourtummy likes this
- pitchsilent likes this
- the-altar reblogged this from hiscleverpet